Many of you asked me to create different lists in my Newsletter plugin (or we can call them group of users). I worked for two years with newsletter system and I know that introducing group can lead to a lot of problems, questions and so on.
But I’m listening to your requests and I want to start a discussion here to decide the better way to implement lists.
- when a user subscribe to a newsletter, it implicitly subscribe to a specific list you have “forced” in the subscription page (so you need to have as many subscription page as the number of lists)?
- when a user subscribe, have him to choose the group with a drop down list?
- a user can subscribe more than one list? when he subscribe, have we to present a list of groups with “checkbox” to select on what of the groups he want to be added?
- unsubscription will be “group based”: when a user receive a newsletter and uses the “unsubscription link”, it will be removed from the group the newsletter was sent
- when you send a newsletter, you send it to a single group or want you to choose more than one group at time?
- seen the previous point, if a user is on two groups and you send out the same newsletter to both groups he’ll receive two identical emails (with two different unsubscription link)
ok, let’s start the discussion!