Header and Footer is one of my plug-ins I wrote initially for myself, to manage what I think are common problems for every blogger. Here I want to share a simple list of things you should consider when setting up a new blog (or revisiting your blog theme) and that can be solved easily with Header and Footer.
Header and Footer is a free plugin, I’m not trying to sell you something!
- I need to add Google analytics code on HEAD section of my blog (I was using a theme option, but now I changed the theme and lost the code…)
- I need to add some social button on top and bottom of posts and pages
- I need to add some meta tag only on HEAD section of my home page
- I need to add different open and close codes on pages and posts
- I need to add sone PHP logic while inject code con HEAD section or footer section or before and after posts and pages content (I know how to write PHP code)
- I want Facebook to pick up a picture of the post when I someone press like (without installing a complex Facebook integration plugin)
- I want a default picture for Facebook when the post has no images
- I want to keep all those customizations even when I change the theme!
- I want something simple to use with a user guide with examples
- I don’t want tens of plug-ins to make simple thing like adding a social button which conflict each other
- I’d like to have at least one of the Satollo’s plug-ins
If I would be asked what of my plug-ins is present on all my blog and that I would install suddenly in a new blog, my answer would be Header and Footer (there is a PDF user guide on that official page).